Saturday, October 20, 2007

San Diego Wildfires

I get anxiety attacks. Usually with good reason. Last night I was up most of the night and prowled around the apartment. The air was dry and I was sneezing, which I blame on the Santa Ana winds howling around the balcony. It's an eerie night as the sky looks funny.

I go back to bed and get up (again) very early. I turn on the news and find that San Diego, heck all of Southern California from Santa Barbara to the border of Mexico - is in flames. And it's getting worse.

Friends are evacuating. Others are packed and waiting it out. The smoke at the beach isn't as bad as it was during the Cedar Fires, but bad enough to kick in my asthma and make me close all the windows.

We are to leave for Maui on Tuesday. I'm wondering if we should.

No comments: